Nuffnang



Sunday, February 13, 2011

Abandon Jurong Line (Clementi)

Singapore is growing rapidly each day and many old buildings make way for the new one for better prospect and economics. It is very hard for us to find historical building or structure which can substance and represent our city state past and history.


Many people would not know, we used to have railway (Managed by KTM) in Clementi, which is located in the west part of Singapore. Only those who stay around the west should be able to know it.


In today context, the railway had been abandoned and it is now become one of nature park scenery for the residents who staying at Clementi and Sunset Way.


I always wanted to visit to the abandoned railway site long time ago but I had no chance. Finally, I got this chance to visit to the site which I always wanted to. 


I met one of my friend who just came down from Malaysia to Singapore for leisure. My friend willing to accompany me to explore my curiously and solve the mystery for the abandoned railway.


We decided to walk and explore the area. Both of us never been there and I have no sense of direction so I based on my sixth sense to lead us to abandon railway. I told my friend that we can found the railway track if we reach Block 301 Clementi Avenue 4.


It took us long before we could find the tracks. Finally, we found the track and decide to explore and wander around. We had a hard time to walk along the track as the grass was long and thick and at the same time the railway tracks had not maintain for so long.


We keep on walking and the tracks seem to vanish out of no where. I guess they had removed part of the railway tracks. So we decided to U-turn back and walked to another side of the tracks. We keep on walking aimlessly till we found the railway overhead bridge tracks. We also surprised that we are on top of the small hill too!


At first when we walked towards to the overhead bridge, we do not seem it was scary at all. But slowly when we walked towards it, I began to feel very timid. I admit that I am not adventurous kind of person.


The overhead bridge seem to be very rusty over the years and the metal planks do not seem to be stable. At that time the wind was blowing very strongly! My whole leg are wobbling, but I say to myself, I need to cross over to take nice photos. So I encourage myself and cross over! It takes some time for me to cross over.


At last, I am so relief as I crossed over! Soon, the sky getting darker and we decided to end our trail half way at SunSet Way. We head over to Clementi Arcade for a drink as both of us are thirsty. When we reached there, we decide to have ice- cream instead.


We stayed there about half an hour before we walked back to Clementi Mrt station. I believed one day, I will explore the whole abandoned railway tracks soon!


If you would like to visit to abandon railway track, you can take SMRT East East Line and alight at Clementi MRT station. After which, you need to transfer to SBS bus number 284M to Block 301 Clementi Avenue 4.

























































































































1 comment:

  1. hi kent

    i am interested to go over the bridge. are you
    able to bring me

    pearl

    ReplyDelete